Dec 18, 2016

2016 Recap





2016 has been truly an amazing year for me. So many things happened, changed. I just can't believe how quickly it all went. It's almost like I only blinked once and whole year slipped through my fingers. I learned a few things, about life, myself, others. I learned how to cope with my own self. No longer I am anxious to be with myself alone, although I try to be with the ones I love the most as much as I can. This Christmas I want to spent with my family in peace. For the first time in my life I really don't care about presents. More I care about health and happiness of my closest.

I got so busy I couldn't properly run my blog. Thing, that made me sad and also happy at the same time. I always considered myself as a kinda lazy person. Turned out I'm not that lazy and I might even be a little bit of a workaholic.

2016 has also been a year of getting to know myself a little better. It was full of self acceptance, body positivity, no stress kinda year. I can't tell how happy and grateful I am for people all around me, my family. It's so important to surround yourself with the right people. Those who will encourage you to do the stupidest things just for you to have an experience. People who won't just sit and nod in agreement with everything you say but will tell you their honest and genuine opinion, people who make you want to be better, who make you a better person every time you are with them. 
I celebrated birthdays of people I truly love and I'm so happy to have in my life. I had long deep conversations about life and then doing random shit with the same people. Truth is that this is new for me. And I want to enjoy it as much as possible. 
Let me just point out a few highlights from 2016 that I consider moments I will remember all my life.


And also: For every one out there having a hard time in life right now, you are not alone in this. Everything takes time. Trust me, I've been there. I can't promise you that when you overcome some bad feelings they will never come back. They will. But only with time you will learn how to take them and let them make you a little stronger every time.



 Celebrating V.'s birthday was one of the best night ever. It all happened in Gatsby style and everyone kept their promise to show up in a costume. 



 I visited France twice this year. Apart from fact that I've been in a different country twice in a year, which is already amazing to me itself, it was also France both times. I always thought I'm more like an Italian or Spanish kinda person but France is really getting under my skin. I visited Paris in January and Toulouse in July. Both amazing trips. Will talk about them later on. 


 BEHOLD! I met Matt Bellamy! Like seriously best night of my entire life right there. My friend took me to their concert, having also an invitation to a private after party and here we go! I couldn't fucking believe it! Matt Bellamy and me!


 2016 was also a year of babies, not mine, thank God. Up is little Tommie, son of my former colleague, cutest boy out there, fated to be a little heartrob one day. And down is my little niece Kicki! Precious little potato! I love her!


 Christmas markets with my family, you know I can't not love them. 

 And my most favourite photo of 2016. Its everything there. My best friend, her baby dog, me, us. It shows how crazy we are, how amazing we are. You don't have to understand, its just about how it makes me feel <3

Take care, 
xo
Adel



No comments:

Post a Comment